Mrs. Stoffel: Class Notes
Now for some general information:
King’s has switched to an incredible online student/teacher/parent portal! Please select the link below to connect you to our Sycamore School websites.
SCHOOL PIN: 2535
SPAN A- (8th Grade) SPAN A Assignments
SPAN 1- (9th-12th Grade-Required for regents diploma*) SPAN 1 Assignments
SPAN 2-(Typically 10th grade- Required for advanced regents diploma*) SPAN 2 Assignments
SPAN 3- (Typically 11th Grade- Required for Advanced Regents Diploma*) SPAN 3 Assignments
NOTE: 8th graders are in Spanish A not B!!!. There is no Spanish B this year.
CHECK THIS OUT!!! http://www.duolingo.com/
This is an awesome language learning program for everyone! They even have apps for your phone and or ipad :)
Homework: (Homework is 15% of final quarter grade)
> Jr. High Students (7th Grade) will have homework Monday,Thursday, and Friday nights.
> Jr. High Students (8th Grade) will have homework Tuesday and Wednesday nights.
> Sr. High Students (9th-12th) will have homework Monday-Thursday every week.
For classes 8-12- I DO NOT assign homework over weekends or over holidays. You’re Welcome.
Quizzes/Tests: (Quizzes are 25% and Exams are 40% of final quarter grade)
Oral/Speaking: (Oral/speaking section is 20% of final quarter grade)
> Participation is very important in my class. Students can earn participation points from volunteering to read/speak during class or to write their homework on the board.
Extra Credit Options:
- Reading a poem in Spanish in front of the class
- Performing a worship song IN SPANISH in front of the class. (Hillsong has an entire CD in Spanish)
- Make an ACCURATE video/skit/song/dance to help students learn the alphabet in Spanish.
- Cook a Spanish food, bring it in to share with the class, and give a brief presentation of how you made it, what countries eat it, and why it is important.
- Learn a type of Spanish dance and perform it in front of the class and give a brief explanation why the dance has such importance.
- Help Mrs. Stoffel grade another Spanish classes quizzes/tests!
****If a student has an idea for an extra credit assignment, approach the teacher and ask! She just may let you do it!
- Each memory verse is worth 5% of your bible grade each quarter. You can repeat these orally or write them from memory for your homeroom teacher anything throughout the day.