Amy Terry: Kindergarten Teacher
- Kindergarten Teacher for 4 years
- EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Masters of Elementary Education, SUNY Plattsburgh
- Bachelor of Arts in Education, SUNY Cortland
- TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- 2009-Present Full Time Kindergarten Teacher
- 2008-2009: K-4th grade Spanish Teacher and Math Tutor, The King’s School
- 2002-2004: K-6th grade Substitute Teacher, Whitehall and Glens Falls CSD
- 1997-1999: 1st, 4th grade Teacher, Secular Studies, The Hebrew Day School
- 1997-1998: Pre-K Teacher, Summer Reading Program, Monticello CSD
- 1996-1997: 6th grade Teaching Assistant in Self Contained Classroom, Roscoe CSD
- 1994-1995: K-6th grade Substitute Teacher, Long Island
- WHY I AM TEACHING AT KING’S
- "I have always enjoyed teaching. I taught for a few years in different parts of New York State. After moving to Glens Falls, I had my first child and stayed home with my children for a few years. I wanted my oldest child to receive a Christian education when it was time for him to begin preschool. My husband and I chose The King’s School, and it has been a wonderful blessing to my entire family. I knew when my youngest child began preschool that I would go back to teaching. What a blessing that I can use my teaching skills in a place that is dedicated to honoring the Lord, and teaching children how to live out their Christian faith. I feel honored to have the opportunity to teach and minister to the children here at The King’s School.
- FAVORITE VERSE
- Matthew 6:31-34
"So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink’ or, ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
- I have 3 children currently attending King’s.