This Week at King's
Hello Everyone! We are looking forward to being back in person this coming week. Monday is MLK day. No School. We will be back on Tuesday for midterm week. Midterms are abridged during regularly scheduled class times. Here is the schedule for exams
- January 18th - Science
- January 19th - History
- January 20th - Spanish
- January 21st - English
- January 24th - Math
Here’s what else is happening at kings….
Good things are happening at King's! We wanted to inform you of some projects we have underway to improve the facility at King's.
- A new interior security door is being installed in February at the entrance to the COTN building. This door will have added security features, but will be installed INSIDE the breezeway so that students who are awaiting entrance to the locked building can be out of the rain and cold while they wait. The door was ordered at the beginning of the school year, but supply chain issues have delayed it until now. It is scheduled to be shipped to the school on February 2nd, and we are planning for all of the new security features to be rolled out by mid-February.
- New signs for King's and COTN have been ordered! Again, this process was put in place many months ago, but COVID has interrupted many businesses and supplies, and the sign industry was no exception. There will be a new, backlit sign for the road with COTN's new logo, and a very large wall sign to be hung on the exterior of the gym with just The King's School name, logo, and colors. We've never had a sign solely dedicated to the school before, and we're so excited to be able to proudly and loudly announce King's to everyone who drives by!
- There have been some recent issues with the plumbing, and after much time and expense, the cause has been determined to be feminine products that have been flushed down the toilet. Parents and Guardians, you may want to gently remind your students that all feminine products must be disposed of in the garbage. We have signs hung in all the bathroom stalls, but a word from home can be very helpful in affirming the importance of this.
- We thank you for your patience with the heating system last week. There were multiple factors that all happened at the same time (a perfect storm of furnace issues!), which is why there was a delay in getting the furnaces fully repaired. We are currently having the entire system reviewed to ensure that there will be no further interruptions in heat this winter.
- A new drainage system has been installed in the courtyard, which will ensure that the basement classrooms stay dry and toasty for years to come. We are so thankful for the donated labor that helped to make this upgrade affordable. In the spring, we will be planting fresh grass and some other annuals. If you have a green thumb and want to be involved in the re-beautification of the courtyard, please contact Cory Patterson to let her know - firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, any time you have questions about anything with the King's facility, please don't hesitate to ask. We love talking about the exciting things we have in the works for King's! Just wait until you hear what we have planned for the sports fields!
DRAMA CLUB practice starts on 1/25
Once the next semester starts after Midterm week, we will resume drama club with only those members who are coming with us to Ecuador that will be in the next production.
This Saturday, Jan 15, 7 pm at the school sanctuary - Info Night for our Ecuador trip!
PRINCE OF DARKNESS, PRINCE OF LIGHT
Rehearsals, 3-5 pm Tuesdays, school sanctuary on these dates:
Feb 1, 8, 15
March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
April 5, 12
(Adult participants, we can work you in even if you are not able to be at every rehearsal. We can be flexible with hours too, if needed.)
Saturday, April 9, 7 pm over at Church of the King, Queensbury - LAUNCH PERFORMANCE
Departure to Ecuador: Thursday, April 14, 2022
Important return to basketball information is coming soon to sports player families via email.
New LUNCH PROGRAM Launched in Sycamore
Our lunch program through Sycamore, where you receive grade information for your family, is now up and running. You should now order and pay for lunches through this system. If you haven’t already set up your account please do so today.
A step-by-step procedure of how to set up your new account for ordering lunches is now accessible to you on our website by clicking on "LUNCHES" on the right-hand side yellow bar. Here is the direct link, https://kingsschool.info/lunch/. The January menu is now available for ordering after you've added your payment method.
If you have any questions about setting this up or you need assistance logging into sycamore, please contact Rachel Cabrera in the office, email@example.com, 518-654-6230.
Please send in snow clothes for your students in K-6TH for recess (snow pants, hats, waterproof gloves, and boots) these items will be kept at school during the week and sent home every Friday for washing.